ECU Software Integration
Heterogeneous architecture and humongous disparate features to be integrated as a single-system is quite a daunting task that requires a dedicated and specialist Software Integration team.
Complex Automotive products are never developed in a single location due to varied skill set requirements. Multiple development partners and various vendors (often from different parts of the world) work jointly with the help of advanced collaboration and management tools. In this context, continuous integration of the developed software modules becomes essential for the early detection of integration issues. A dedicated integration team taking the total integration responsibility is a must to ensure that different subsystems communicate and coexist as per the overall product design and requirements.
The integration team is responsible for:
- Define integration strategy, process, roles, tools chain, workflows and branch management.
- Continuous Integration build infrastructure setup
- Quality checks for hardware vendor releases (reference boards)
- Quality checks for Tier 1 boards
- Quality checks for releases from other development partners
- Integration builds and release Management